My approach in working with you is a customized blend of treatment methods.
I offer both short and long-term therapy. I have been trained in a variety of modalities each of which offer an important therapeutic perspective. Your therapy sessions will be shaped to fit your specific needs.
Using a combination of approaches we will look at:
- How your childhood experiences have shaped you.
- How outdated beliefs, habits and behaviors are negatively affecting you.
- How to tune into sensory cues from your body for a truer and deeper connection to your feelings.
- How meditation and/or mindfulness practices can dramatically enhance your life.
Through acquiring a powerful set of tools you will learn how to identify and change the beliefs and behaviors that are no longer serving you so that you can become the person you want to be and to live the life you aspire to live.
Our work Together will INCLUDE a combination OF some of THE FOLLOWING:
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)- “Tapping” is a powerful form of psychological acupressure, based on the same meridians used in traditional acupuncture.
- Insight-oriented Therapy - Develop self-awareness and a clear understanding of the profound influence of your childhood on your present perceptions and behaviors.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy - You will identify and challenge your negative thought patterns in order to alter any unwanted behaviors or treat mild mood disturbances.
- Dream Exploration - Dreams have been called “The royal road to the unconscious”. You will learn how to understand the deeper meaning of your dreams and what healing messages they are trying to give you about your life.
- Gestalt- Using role-playing, you will identify and quiet internal struggles; recognizing and unifying parts of yourself that may be in deep conflict. Gestalt can also give you the ability to heal unresolved issues in your relationships with other people, even significant people who have passed away.
- Somatic Psychotherapy - Developing an awareness of your body sensations in the moment, you will learn how to more accurately understand what you are experiencing. Bodies never lie, minds do.
More On The Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT-Tapping):
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) or “Tapping” is an incredible healing tool that has been used to treat physical and psychological
ailments for over five thousand years. In my practice I use EFT to quickly ease and move through the pain associated with emotional
issues, as well as to set and implement deep intentions. Simple tapping with the fingertips, along with voice positive affirmations and deep breath, is used while you think about your specific problem or intention. This mind/body combination works to clear emotional blocks from your system, easing pain and restoring balance. More than any traditional or alternative method I have used, EFT works. I repeatedly witness the profound healing results in my clients.